This is a first! They're cookies and they're not for you or me but for the pups in our lives. And as you can see Snoopy figured out they were for him! That and eating could be one of Snoopy's favorite hobbies.
These pumpkin and flaxseed cookies are very easy to make and require few ingredients. I think with a few tweaks, this could also be a human treat ;) (Hint, Billy)
Just a little note, you might need to add a little more water when bringing the dough together. The actual number of cookies will vary a little depending on size of your cookie cutter.
billy's pumpkin and flaxseed cookies (from Whip It Up by Billy Green)
yields: amount will vary depending on the size of your cookie cutter (I got 16 - 2 inch long bone shaped cookies)
1 tablespoon flaxseed powder
5 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons organic, sugar-free peanut butter
125g (1/2 cup) pumpkin purée
350g (2 cups) brown rice flour
1. Preheat your oven to 350F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flaxseed and water. Then let it sit for 2 minutes.
3. Whisk in the peanut butter until completely smooth, followed by the pumpkin purée.
4. Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes together. Use your hands to knead the dough, moulding it into a ball. If it seems too dry, add an additional tablespoon of water.
5. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to 1/2 cm thickness.
6. Use a cookie cutter or small biscuit cutter to cut out shapes, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Re-roll scraps as needed: you should get anywhere between 24-36 treats, depending on the size of the treat.
7. Bake for 3o minutes, until lightly golden and dry to touch.
8. Let cool completely before giving to your dog. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.